FW: USA: Online book-sharing service for the blind borrows a page from Napster

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Wed Mar 13 16:50:16 EST 2002

Hi, Amanda:

I think the issues that have been identified as problems with the
membership application on BookShare are OS independent. The verbiage could
be simpler, and the edit fields better located  and provided with better
prompts. It's just a so-so writing job, as was this paragraph! <grin>

BookShare is already running unix of some kind. I think it may be FreeBSD,
but I'm not sure. I've already provided some security analysis to them,
and I've advised them to move to mailman and leave Topica in the dust. Not
that Topica is inaccessible. Only when you have to use the Topica web page
to you get to groan through those endless navbars. Still, they could do
this themselves nicely.

Other issues? Besides the unpacking tool for linux?