FW: USA: Online book-sharing service for the blind borrows a page from Napster

Amanda Lee amanda at shellworld.net
Wed Mar 13 14:56:17 EST 2002

Hmmm, I haven't tried using lynx to login and have accounts for bookshare
as member and as volunteer.

I can tell you that there are problems even with a windblows Screen Reader
with filling out the Basic Publish form so it ain't accessible to Linux
nor to Windblows.

Go figure!

A few of us chided them a bit this week on the bookshare list to go to a
Linux Server.

What did we get?

A bunch of duuhhhhhhhhhhh ! ! ! dead air! ! !

I think that Peter had one of his budies code up the pages and looks like
they don't know much about web Accessibility.

I agree that there's no reason why a site which promotes etext shouldn't
be at least accessible to all Platforms of personal computers.

I sure wish I could make it to CSUN cuz I'd be biting their heels!

Amanda Lee