FW: USA: Online book-sharing service for the blind borrows a page from Napster

Amanda Lee amanda at shellworld.net
Wed Mar 13 17:11:35 EST 2002

Well they had some serious server problems for about 10 days which
affected mail and the site itself.  Jim T. said it was a Server issue and
was going to order a new one.  I was under the impression, from comments
from others on the list, that it was a Windows-based server.  Perhaps this
is the internal server which is used for Mail and so forth.  You're much
closer to the action than I am.

There is just a lot of poor organizational issues in those forms.  One
problem is that if one accidentally loses their place and the page goes
away during the Basic Publish process, a new book comes up so there's no
way to go back and finish up your work.
That's not really an Accessibility issue at all but poor design.
I would inquire about timing
 on pages containing forms as when one might go out to search down
some information on the net about a title to input into their
database, they could end-up losing everything entered because the
time has expired.

Anyway,
your points aregood and sure do appreciate it that we have someone
of your calibre to advocate.

Good luck!

Amanda Lee