Questions about programs under Linux.

Yvonne Smith yvonne at thewatch.net
Sun Mar 10 17:10:12 EST 2002

Janina Sajka writes:
 > Isn't it a bit irresponsible to offer up advice for which you cannot even
 > offer a reason? You thought it should be so? On what basis did you think
 > this?
 >
 > Or, is "think" the wrong word here?

I would really like to know here just precisely what I've said or done
to get this type of response. I put forward an *oppinion* it was not
really advice, it was an option for the user concerned. I know this list
is dedicated to speakup, and not emacspeak, and everyone would much
rather talk about one than the other but I never heard of anyone getting
blasted on this list for a theory.

Right at this particular moment, I am completely unable to *test* what
I've said myself, since due to circumstances I have absolutely no
intention of talking about here, I can't use my external synthesiser,
even if I wanted to. Should I then unsubscribe from this list and not
attempt to help another user?

So? Have you used emacs under speakup alone? Can you give more accurate
advice than I have?