old gigabyte motherboard.

Shaun Oliver shauno at goanna.net.au
Sat Mar 9 06:44:03 EST 2002

hi guys.
I have here a pentium 100 that I want to install linux on at some point.
I've posted on this problem a while ago and some people were wondering
what model my mother board was.
it's a ga-586-at revision3 first edition. and as far as I can assertain,
the bios is a flash 128k
my problem is, I can't get linux to boot on it at all.
I have a variety of things happen when I even try.
I either get a screen full of funny ascii characters, or, I endup with my
floppy drive constantly spinning or I get a fucked up lilo prompt
some times after about somewhere between 20-30 attampts, I can get the
kernel to load.
I've tryed different floppies and as many boot parameters as I could think
of at the time but to no avail.
and according to the hand book I have here the jumpers and all are
configured correctly.
btw as an asside, in the bios settings, there's an option which cannot be
altered and it says "PCI ide mapped to isa."
anyone have any ideas as to what this is all about?
thanks in advance.

--
qShaun Oliver

Marriage is a three ring circus:
engagement ring, wedding ring, and suffering.
                -- Roger Price

Email: shauno at goanna.net.au
Icq: 76958435