audio cd reccording

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Tue Mar 12 01:15:04 EST 2002

I use the default paranoia modes with excellent success.
As it rips, it gives a minute:second reading of how much is read
so far, and it rips at about 4x.
Anything faster or less paranoia on this hardware introduces jitter.
What sort of drive are you using? I find that it works fine
with both scsi cdrom drives and ide-scsi emulation, often there
are firmware updates to fix a lot of these complience
problems. cdrecord can write in dao mode,
but if you rip with paranoia you loose the isrc codes the cd barcode
information, index marks, pregaps
and any ecc errors you wish to retain i.e. copying console disks.
I use cdrdao for audio and cdrecord with mkisofs for data
and multi-session even though cdrdao supports multi-session.
Give me the models of cdrom/burners you are using and I'll see what
I can hunt up for you.

Regards, Kerry.