Hardware Question

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Thu Mar 7 20:34:32 EST 2002

I've posted on this before but here we go again:
With the connectors of the cdrom towards you you have:
power on the right, 4-pin.
IDE ribbon connector 40-pin
then a jumper block then redbook audio then digital out and mode jumpers working your way to the left.
The jumper pins closed to the 40-pin ribbon cable is master,
the next set are slave and the next set are cable select.
If there is a secondary ide controller put the cdrom on that since
some hard drives have different jumperings for single drive
and drive with slave especially western digital.
Otherwise cdrom as slave is on the center of the set of 3 jumpers next to the ribbon.

Regards, Kerry.
--
Kerry Hoath:  kerry at gotss.net kerry at gotss.eu.org or  kerry at gotss.spice.net.au
ICQ: 8226547 msn: kerry at gotss.net Yahoo: kerryhoath at yahoo.com.au