Grub was Re: Installing Speakup separate from Linux.

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Mon Mar 4 20:59:06 EST 2002

Usable and accessible aren't the same thing, though. I think you wrote
that you give yourself a lot of time to put the grub command in--arrowing
or whatever you do. If indeed there's no opportunity to insert bell chars,
or to echo a boot prompt of some kind to a serial device, I would
certainly adjudicate grub as less accessible. Feedback about what's
happening, and knowing where you are and what the results of your key
strokes will be are critical componants of accessibility.

Not that lilo is all that accessible, either. But, there seems to be more
information there to support eyes-free interfaces.