Sound interference when using speakup.

Gregory Nowak gnowak1 at uic.edu
Sat Mar 2 20:47:37 EST 2002

I'm assuming you're using the kernel sound drivers. If so, then get alsa:
http://www.alsa-project.org
. This should take care of your problem, since the alsa libraries buffer the audio which doesn't interfere with speakup since speakup demands cpu attention since it is part of the kernel.

Also, to youse trplayer, you don't need to have x installed.
Greg