Sound interference when using speakup.

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Sat Mar 2 19:04:41 EST 2002

Hi.

I have here a Duron 600 mhz machine, 768 mb ram, using a Soundblaster Live
Value sound card, ansd have a eird problem.  When using my Apolo
synthesiser which is serial-driven in conjunction with the sound card, the
audio is broken, it is almost as if there is a scheduling problem and
therefore the audio runs slower, though this only happens while the data
is actually being sent to the serial port.  I have the sound drivers built
as modules, but other than that cannot work out why this problem may be
arising.  As I'm sure you can imagine, it's quite annoying as I'd like to
be able to listen to music etc hile I'm using the machine.

Any thoughts?

As an aside, if I am to donload TRPlayer and therefore Real Player, do I
still need to install the X libraries and have an X server running for the
G2 player, as was the case when I last played with it a couple of years
ago?  I do hope not.

Cheers.

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808