Speakup installation on lap top.

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Sat Mar 2 18:56:15 EST 2002

Hi all.

Having got a fairly stable desk top system now, I'm thinking of flattening
my lap top hard drive and putting Linux on it.  I propose to make my own
kernel, since the bareapm.I that comes with Slackware has no speakup
support.  This is no problem, as I can also use one of the root disks.  I
do, however, have a couple of questions.

1.  Has anyone encountered any problems/pitfalls of which I should be
aware, either
speakup-related, or generally, with installation to a lap top?

2.  Quite often, I use my lap top to present some documents with graphics
in them to sighted people.  I know that I can retrieve the text from such
documents with the strings command, but is there anyway I can retain the
formatting and graphics in their place?  Obviously an accessible method
would be preferable, though it is not absolutely essential.

Any thoughts on this subject gratefully appreciated.

Cheers.

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808