Installation bugs fixed in Speakup Modified Red Hat Distribution.

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-777-8123 wacker at octothorp.org
Sun Jun 16 18:41:14 EDT 2002

Hi all,

     The extremely annoying bugs that have been present since version 7.3
are now fixed.  The first one had to do with keymap selection.  If the
installation was from a Cd, the installer would crash after one of the
Speakup keymaps was selected.  The second involved a problem between
the
new version of the Newt library and SPeakup.  The cursor would appear to
be one line below where it actually was.  I used the previous version of
Newt in the installation tree, but the new version is still installed.  I
didn't dare ship the old version, feeling that it stood a good chance of
breaking something once installed.  The only things that, as far as I
know, it affects are some of the Red Hat configuration tools such as the
setup command.

     If anyone has any questions or problems, call or write.

          Bill in Denver