speakup question

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Sun Jun 16 21:01:57 EDT 2002

Hi all. Does anyone know why Speakup doesn't use the standard conventions when designing kernel modules? In other words, why are the drivers not modularized? Because my plan at least for the dectalk driver was to write the standard module code, and then dump the rest of the driver-specific code into the new re-written version. I am doing this for two reasons. 1. I want to keep the changes as error free as possible. 2. I don't want to have problems after writing new code. And I think most of the driver is fine the way it is. I have other reasons for modularizing the driver, including a project I am currently working on that requires this.