Revisiting Install hangs at first boot

Jon Dowd jondowd at mind.net
Tue Jul 30 02:11:27 EDT 2002

Just tried it with GRUB selected as the boot loader. Same results. Using the
boot floppy created during the install provides the same results. I have
used "Autopartition" and set up the two drives like this :

/dev/hda
hda1 20gig FAT32
/dev/hdb
hdb1 /boot 50MB
hdb2 / 24500MB
hdb3 swap 500MB

I have tried placing the boot loader in the mbr of hda and I have tried
placing the boot loader in the other choice.