Where do the rpm's go?

jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov
Mon Jul 29 12:33:21 EDT 2002

Hi Charlie,

I'm not sure what you are saying.  You can find out where any file will
be stored in a rpm by:
rpm -qlp [rpm-filename]
As far as where .h files go, this is very standardized.  For user space
applications they will go into /usr/include or one of /usr/include's
subdirectories.  As far as database applications are concerned, the
wealth and sophistication of databases on Linux simply blows away
anything we ever had under DOS.That includes programming interfaces to
the database.

     Jim Wantz WB0TFK