Where do the rpm's go?

jwantz at hpcc.noaa.gov jwantz at hpcc.noaa.gov
Mon Jul 29 13:14:52 EDT 2002

Hey Charlie,
I am extremely confused by what you are talking about.
First of all, you can tell where all of the files in a particular rpm
are going to be installed by:
rpm -qlp [rpm-filename]
Where rpm-filename is the name of your rpm file.  As far as the
locations of .h files, this is very standard, in /usr/include or one of
/usr/include's subdirectories.If it weren't, the C or C++ compiler would
have a hard time in finding them if the directory wasn't specified in
your $PATH variable! In fact, without looking at the gcc man page, I'm not
even sure it uses
$PATH.

Databases in Linux are more powerful, easier to
use and just as accessible as anything that was available in MSDOS.