General question about Linux

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Sat Jul 20 21:33:23 EDT 2002

On Sat, 20 Jul 2002, Octavian Rasnita wrote:

<snip>

> They say that Linux is better than Windows, but they probably want to tell
> that the command line is better than the graphical interface also.

Absolutely right.  The number of people who are pleasantly surprised when
I show them faster ways to do stuff without their mouse, well I would be a
millionaire if I had a hundred pounds for each one!

It's also a scientifically proven fact that, while good for beginners,
advanced users can perform tasks much faster with the keyboard than the
mouse, and in fact in some offices, even those that use MS Office etc,
mice are banned!

HTH

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808