RH 6.2 Versus RH 7.2

Thomas Ward tward at bright.net
Tue Jan 29 23:03:12 EST 2002

Well, I've noticed that slow down in spead myself. One way to help spead
things up is to use the ext3 fs which works much better than ext2.
One major difference between 6.2 and 7.2 is that 7.2 comes with the kudzu
pnp hardware maniger. Kudzu tracks new and removed hardware, and attempts to
configure it for you.
A second change is the X-Windows server ois much newer, but on my 1.2 GHZ
box the little drop in spead is worth getting all the new tools. At least
for me.