RH 6.2 Versus RH 7.2

Amanda Lee amanda at shellworld.net
Tue Jan 29 21:18:51 EST 2002

Hmmm I know that it is likely that RH 6.2 with Speakup enabled does not have
the most current version of Speakup patched into the Kernel but here's an
interesting comment from a friend whose judgement I respect a good deal.

So to the other experts herein, please share your thoughts.

He prefers RH 6.2 for the following reason:
RH 7.2 seems to be significantly slower, with lots more disk thrashing, and
it's
not just X Windows (although it's also significantly slower).

So my question is...  What is enabled in RH 7.2 that you won't see in RH 6.2

Amanda Lee
Alexandria, VA