Is this normal?

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue Jan 29 21:05:47 EST 2002

No, don't need any sound cards or any of that to get speakup to configure.
I run ./install from within the speakup-1.00 directory and I always place
the speakup-1.00 directory inside the /usr/src directory.  That always
seems to patch the stuff in /usr/src/linux with no problems.  Once
./install is finished, you might want to dig down into the
/usr/src/linux/drivers/char directory to see if speakup is there; that
might give some clues if you are still having troubles.