Is this normal?

Thomas Ward tward at bright.net
Tue Jan 29 20:43:45 EST 2002

Hi, I tried the stock and a generic kernel. Generic kernel had no hunks
fail, but speakup was not in the config.
I am wondering how to add it to my make config since it did not ask.
I pretty much did a stripped down  kernel with no sound, no network, etc
just to make a boot diskette for install, and there was no option for
Speakup.
Do I have to select sound or something to get speakup?