(off-topic) Reader Services

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Thu Jan 24 13:45:41 EST 2002

First, I will state up front that no job I have ever performed expected me
to pay for any kind of background check. Quite honestly, I can't think of
an instance in private sector where I would consider such a move. In fact,
one place had amended its rules to no longer expect applicants to pay for
failed drug screenings. Too many people refused to so it. That and too
many who failed never paid. I happened to apply while they were getting
new forms and they were providing a signed paper saying this would not be
expected.

Of course it is your right to just accept such things. But personally, I
would not be so accepting. Then again, I am convinced that the NFB is not
your friend so wouldn't pay any attention to them.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Nowlan's Theory:
        He who hesitates is not only lost, but several miles from
        the next freeway exit.