Mandrake 8.1 problem

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Mon Jan 21 08:33:43 EST 2002

I would start by getting a complete kernel package from ftp.kernel.org. In
the past some distributions have left portions of the kernel package out
of their sources. This doesn't give most people a problem, but has given
some speakup users problems. I won't pretend to remember the exact nature
of these problems. I never really knew the extent anyway.

Try downloading a stable kernel and patching it. That is a good place to
start.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Nowlan's Theory:
        He who hesitates is not only lost, but several miles from
        the next freeway exit.