Problems with pdf files.

Shaun Oliver shauno at goanna.net.au
Thu Jan 17 05:19:06 EST 2002

	On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Kirk Wood wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Amanda Lee wrote:
> > I would wager you're in need of a real life if you think you can intimidate
> > a bunch of individuals who, in the first place, want to provide better
> > access to information than MacroSloth!
>
> I am not trying to intimidate anyone. Once again, you have put your
> presumptuous assumptions of my motives out. What I am saying is that
> others have taken a lot of heat linking and directing people to where they
> can get a program deemed to be in violation of copyright. I am not going
> to even take the chance for a bunch of cry babies who sit arround making
> post after post about how they are being picked on because they don't
> follow this or that.
>
> If you are so damn empowered perhaps you will inform us that you will
> start decrypting protected PDF files. You can get a trial version free. A
> profesional version which will surely take care of most of the issues is
> only $60. Unfortunately they didn't include linux so perhaps you could sue
> them too. OR, hey!! take some legal action. Stop babbling and take action.
> -----------------------

ok, here's where I jump in.
I agree with Kirk on this one. I'm sick to death of people whining about
documents not being accessable for one reason or another.
This is the real world out here and we all have to deal with it. until we
either get access to x or somebody gets off they're pompus ass and codes a
utility for such conversions, and I don't care who does it,
we have to make do with what we have which isn't much but it's alot
compared to 20 years ago when all we had was little else than someone's
play toy.
We've come too far to let our attitudes get in the way of progress.
And as I stated in previous posts, let's just get on with the job at hand
and wait for the right opportunity instead of creating much adue about
little more than nothing.
and no I'm not saying that document accessability is nothing, I'm simply
stating that we need to be rational about the whole thing.
We've come far from the days of having to do outrageous deeds to make
our causes known.
All we need now is to work with everyone on this and if the major
corperations don't want to come to the party, more fool them.
 --
Shaun Oliver

Marriage is a three ring circus:
engagement ring, wedding ring, and suffering.
                -- Roger Price

Email: shauno at goanna.net.au
Icq: 76958435