suggestions for Speakup

Thomas Ward tward at bright.net
Fri Jan 11 22:25:41 EST 2002

Hi, while I agree that not all the features in other screen readers are just
needed, but some are vary useful and helpful. One I'd rreally liked to see
added to the todo list is an exception dictionary. For example when writing
a program my synth might say printf when it is easier to read C code when it
says print f.
However, I much rather see stability and known bugs to be fixed before new
fangled features were put in.
For example while in pine it reads the prier email subject and then the
current one. I'd much rather see that quark be fixed rather than search
features, exception dictionaries, etc.