changing to frame buffers

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Fri Jan 11 10:41:43 EST 2002

Hi Chuck:  I can't answer your question directly about the frame
buffer thing in slackware but I'm curious to know why you want to use
frame buffers?  I just saw a note from Linus last week where he
mentioned that no sane person should use frame buffers unless they
needed them for video card support.  If it is to get extended video
you can do that without frame buffer support by including video
selection support when you compile the kernel and then placing a
vga=extended line in your lilo.conf file.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061