Web Browsers with Javascript?

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Thu Jan 3 10:27:59 EST 2002

Steve:

I am not aware of any js support available to us. Perhaps Mozilla 6, when
we finally get access to GNOME. You are correct that it is becoming very
difficult to use the web without js.

On the other hand, do we really want to allow js into our machines? Are we
really willing to let any old web site execute code on our machines? Isn't
js a security vulnerability waiting to happen? I rather think someone will
devise some kind of virus delivered via js before two many more years go
by. What then? Will the press run stories like "How come they didn't tell
us?"