Web Browsers with Javascript?

Amanda Lee amanda at shellworld.net
Sun Jan 6 16:29:10 EST 2002

I can't answer this because I don't know enough about both languages to
adequately explain.  I suppose they found issues in overal performance in
functions and other aspects to justify re-writing code.  The application I'm
involved with is an EDI App which interfaces to Mercator which converts to
EIF.

We're using Solaris boxes so perhaps there were issues in how SUn's C++
compilers function in terms of efficiency of the generated code.  Of course,
I'm still guessing as I wasn't on site when the decision was made to convert
from C++ to C.

Amanda