Old Pacard Bell box

BTBG kheltsley at shell.core.com
Thu Jan 3 11:35:20 EST 2002

Hi listers,
I've been on the list before but it's been a couple years probably.

I have an old Packard Bell box. I no longer have the recovery CD and am
having trouble finding a replacement.  It has been a good door stop and dust
collector but now I've been wondering about running linux on it.

Sorry, I don't have the model number handy. It has a AMD K6 with about
366Mhz. 64 MB RAM. 6GB hard drive.  Don't know if the riptide sound
card/modem still work. I have a DoubleTalk I can put into it.

Will it handle linux?  I have a box set of RedHat 6.1 that includes boot
floppy and manuals.  I have moved a couple times since I bought it and will
have to dig through some boxes to see if I can find the RedHat disks and
stuff.  My son is using the computer up in his room at the moment just for
playing a couple old games.

Any better, quicker, or easier ways to get the Packard Bell loaded with
linux?  I need to have it talk to me.

from
Keith H.
 card