Mount Points was, Re: RawWrite for windows

Keith H. keithh432 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 18 15:02:10 EST 2002

I think I'm past the rawrite thing now, hence the subject change.

I have a partition that windows calles d: and on the setup screen shows up
as hda2. So far I understand that fine. That is where I would like to
install Linux.

As far as the mount point, if I understand you, all I need to do is type  a
/ (forward slash), in the field for my root directory?

Should I use the 'new' button to divide that partition up for the other
partitions like the swap and others?  Before you answer though, I should
probably just read the Install guide and your HowTo. Especially if they are
covered in there.

While my mom is at the hospital, I won't have much time to play around with
it.  I'll keep your messages though so I can read through your input when I
can get to it.

thanks
from
Keith H.

Dog Quote:
6. "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite
you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man." --Mark Twain