html mail...

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Fri Feb 1 19:01:53 EST 2002

I don't know if I would agree with Janina that text interface is the only
way to get a lot of work done. But the need for fashy screens diminishes
when you know more about what you are doing. I think another factor is
that people who use their computer for a real purpose are more concerned
about getting things done then having flashy interfaces. And a good visual
interface allows for full keyboard control.

There are times when I send html mail to sighted people because I want to
be able to highlight for them. Of course I can always use astrics to
highlight something but a little color can add a lot for sighted
people. One thing I wonder is it hard to have the screen reader skip a
given number of lines? I ask because it would seem natural if you hear
something about a character set to know that the next three lines can be
skipped.

I would agree that endless quoting is anoying. And that isn't just for
blind people. It is for all people. Just some don't have any sense. I
often just delete messages with too much quoted.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Nowlan's Theory:
        He who hesitates is not only lost, but several miles from
        the next freeway exit.