html mail...

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Fri Feb 1 18:11:24 EST 2002

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Chris Peterson wrote:

> This message is in html to filter out those who are to lazy to read it for how it is intended.

Actually, you're an example of what we'd like to see more of. The package
contents order in your message is:

   1   ~40 lines   Text/PLAIN
   2   ~73 lines   Text/HTML

In other words, the text version came first, and displayed without a
hitch.

But, what do you mean "intended?" Do you mean you "intend" me to see
certain fonts, and certain types of layout in your message? It ain't gonna
happen, pal. This is not what goes down here--except perhaps for those on
this list who look at mail with their eyes on their video monitors. If
that's what you mean, your "intention" would be an insult here, and I
would certainly resent it. I trust you don't mean that.

> Obviously, writing a text-based browser that works well isn't a problem;
> using text anymore except the blind community and all we ever do is
> bitch when something doesn't work with our stuff.

Actually, most power users I know of use text interfaces a lot. It's the
only way to get much work done. But, I guess you don't know about that
yet.

> No wonder I can't stand blind people...

Yourself included, I suppose??