apology to the list

Charles Hallenbeck hallenbeck at valstar.net
Fri Feb 1 16:44:59 EST 2002

I see my last message came around twice; sorry for that. Somehow
I ended up replying to the list with a CC to the list.

While we are bitching about things, my own pet peeve is email
messages full of typos and spellos. You folks with eyes usually
compensate  automatically for such nonsense, but those of us who
rely on speech synthesizers are cursed (blessed?) with a device
that tells us exactly what it sees. I have recently implemented a
short script which is invoked as an alternate editor by pine
instead of its regular composer. That script first calls a real
editor ("nano" in my case) and then it calls "ispell" against the
same file. I automatically have to spell check my compositions
before pine will let me send them. If anybody wants more details
(hint hint, KW!) I will be glad to supply them.

This list is getting to be a pain in the ass to read lately, but
I presume the mood will change when the phase of the moon changes
or something.

Chuck

Visit me now at http://www.valstar.net/~hallenbeck
The Moon is Waning Gibbous (79% of Full)