So much Windows Mailer crap on this list...

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Fri Feb 1 09:19:48 EST 2002

Steve:

The problem is that this isn't enough. Pine informs you that the incoming
message is encoded in Bill Gates' Windows 1252, but "You're using iso
8859(1).," and "some characters might be represented incorrectly.

I have not found a simple way to quell that Pine generated message.
I believe one would need to write a filter for each of those three lines
of Pine text.

My procmail script idea is simpler, but certainly nastier.

On the other hand, if you don't see the mail, you don't get the stress.