installing redhat on second hd

Jason Symes jsymes at netins.net
Wed Aug 28 15:34:21 EDT 2002

Hi all. Its been awhile since I've been on, but I've finally gotten the
courage to download the iso images for redhat 8.0 with speakup. I really
want to learn how to use linux real bad, but I'm afraid of damaging windows
somehow, so I've decided to install redhat on a second hd I've got, pulling
it out if my pc should start throwing sparks or something. (Not that I
expect linux to do this to my pc, but more that this pc's been really
touchy and tempermental for awhile). This hd's completely empty, so leaving
fat32 isn't necessarily a big concern or anything, but I just wanna know if
I can install to another hd and how it would work?
P.S. I've gotta learn redhat for a class next year, so I'd kinda like to
get a head's up on the rest of my college buddies.
Thanks a bunch for listening to a windows flunky yammer on about his
nervous tendencies.

Jason Symes
If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any at all!
There's no where to go but up!
Just trying to plug away!
The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return. It's the
zero adjust on his bathroom scale. (Arthur C. Clarke)
if you stand for nothing you're liable to fall for anything.
kids in the backseat can cause accidents, but accidents in the back seat
can cause kids