jerky speech from doubletalk?

Aaron Howell aaron at kitten.net.au
Wed Aug 28 00:58:06 EDT 2002

Hi all,
I've just gotten a doubletalk lt for work (I assume its the latest rom etc since it only came into the country from rc systems about 3 weeks ago.
I performed an install of the new redhat beta (7.3.94) which went off without a hitch using speakup off the standard redhat image.
The problems started after I rebooted the machine.
I've set the rate to 6 and the punctuation level to 3 but not changed anything else.
Now, my speech has gotten incredibly jerky.
I wonder if this is a doubletalk problem, a speakup problem, or related to the hz changes in the i686 kernel?
The best impression I can give of it is
left bracket, root, at hen, tilde dollar, right bracket.
its like, there's a pause, between, different words, in the sentence.
Can I fix this somehow, or should I try the i386 kernel?
Any help much apreciated.
Rgards
Aaron

    /             |\      _,,,---,,_                           /|
| Aaron Howell                  Kitten Internet            |    |
| aaron at kitten.net.au           Internet consultancy,      |    |
| Phone: +61-417-625550         System administration,     |    |
| fax: +61-7-36010099           system design/integration. |    |
| icq: 6715521                  http://www.kitten.net.au   |    |