speakup errors when compiling linux 2.4.19

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Sat Aug 3 14:54:33 EDT 2002

Hi all.

I just downloaded kernel 2.4.19, and checked out the latest speakup from cvs.

When doing make bzImage, I got the following.

speakup.c: In function `speakup_register_devsynth':
speakup.c:1375: `SYNTH_MINOR' undeclared (first use in this function)
speakup.c:1375: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
speakup.c:1375: for each function it appears in.)
make[4]: *** [speakup.o] Error 1

When speakup was being patched into the kernel during the checkout process, one of the hunks also failed, but I don't remember which one.
Greg