speakup errors when compiling linux 2.4.19

Adam Myrow myrow at eskimo.com
Sat Aug 3 16:40:01 EDT 2002

Did you try the official Speakup 1.0 rather than the CVS version?  If it
also fails, then once again, a new kernel broke Speakup.  I guess that's
why we test eh?  If only we could get the maintainers to put Speakup in
the kernel, this wouldn't happen.  What do you all think?  Especially
Kirk, is Speakup ready to become part of the Linux kernel proper?  The
reason I mention this is that there was talk awhile back that the next
stable series of kernels (presumably 2.6) was to have some accessibility
standards built in.  Oh well, at least I know now to hold off on trying
out 2.4.19 for the time being.