finally asking the right question

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Sun Apr 21 18:53:05 EDT 2002

Hi Igor.
Trplayer will not play these files, or at least you don't hear them.
The 'play" command, through sox, which you might want to consider adding to your
installation, tells you thet this is an mpgeg layer file or whatever.
Freeamp will not play it, though I did not try changing the name.
mpg123 will play it, and you don't have to change the name.
I went to the url you gave, chose effect, chose a-5, chose 4snd008.wav so you
can verify that this is the type of file you are talking bout.
So your problem, in this instance, is a non-problem; you are just asking
trplayer to play something it won't.
Hope this helps.