finally asking the right question

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Sun Apr 21 18:22:45 EDT 2002

Hi Ryan. Mp3-compressed wavs are wavs that were compressed using the
mpeg-layer3 codec. For example, if you record a 5 minute song and each
minute of audio is 50 mb, your resulting file will be about 250 mb. This
assumes that your recording is raw pcm, 44100 hz 16-bit stereo. If you
compress it down using layer3, 22000 hz, 16-bit mono it will reduce it
down to probably about 2-3 mb. A good source for these files is
www.soundamerica.com. You might have to rename the wavs to mp3 once you
download them, but if not, can you or anyone for that matter, tell me what
player they used to play the .wav file (s)? Thanks!