a little overwhelmed

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-777-8123 wacker at octothorp.org
Tue Apr 16 15:53:57 EDT 2002

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Ann Parsons wrote:

>  Red Hat is fine too, but its installation program
> is more graphical and may require sighted help.
Ann?

     I have a three word question for you.  How could you!?!?!?!

     Out of the box, Red Hat Linux will install in textmode if one types
the word "text" at the bootprompt.  I have worked very hard to ensure that
there are ISO images based On RH with Speakup built in that can be
downloaded from the
Speakup site.  I make sure that they're updated immediately upon release
of new packages from RH. It blows my mind that you could be unaware of
this since we hang out on the same reflector,  but even if you were,
where did you ever get the idea expressed above?  Sadly, past experience
tells me the situation is hopeless, I couldn't even get you to stop saying
that it's necessary to press enter when changing consoles in order to, as
you say, restart speech. Therefore, I have no real hope that you won't say
the above again,  but, to paraphrase a recent subject line from this list:
I really, really had to vent.

          73.
          Bill