Adding a BNS

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Thu Apr 4 10:47:13 EST 2002

The easiest way I know is to have separate configurations for each synth
you plan to use in your lilo.conf. I include two such below by way of
example. Note the alias = command on each. That makes it possible for me
to simply type one letter and press enter.

image = /boot/vmlinuz
label=litetalk
alias = l
vga=0X317
initrd=/boot/initrd.img
read-only
root=/dev/hda1
append = "speakup_synth=ltlk hdc=ide-scsi hde=ide-scsi"

image = /boot/vmlinuz
label=bns
alias = b
vga=0X317
initrd=/boot/initrd.img
read-only
root=/dev/hda1
append = "speakup_synth=bns hdc=ide-scsi hde=ide-scsi"

other=/dev/hda3
optional
label=dos

PS: The other element that's very helpful is to have your system speaker
beep a couple of times to let you know you're at the boot> prompt. Do this
by adding a couple of \A alias Ctrl-G to your /boot/message file. I have
two.
 --

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development