Slackware: What packages to install.

R Haynie rhaynie at comcast.net
Wed Apr 3 20:18:39 EST 2002

Hi all,
Rodney here again.  I want to take another stab at installing Slackware
8.0 on a spare computer I have.
My question for tonight is:
Where do I find information on what packages I should install?
Please keep in mind that I am a complete newbie when it comes to Linux.
I got through the installation up to the package selection.  I don't
want to install any graphical things.  The computer will be mainly used
as a web server,
mail server, and occasionally used to surf the net.
And I will be the only user of the computer.  So I don't think I want
any graphical user interfaces.
I would appreciate any direction someone could give me as to where I
could find this information.
Thank you.
Rodney