Slackware: What packages to install.

Saqib Shaikh ss at saqibshaikh.com
Thu Apr 4 01:44:43 EST 2002

I haven't got the complete list here, but off the top of my head:

install the a series which is compulsary.
install the ap series as this contains many useful tools like text editors
only install the d series if you're going to be programming.
install the f series if you want the documentation to be installed.
install the e series if you use emacs, a powerful text editor
install the n series for network connectivity including mail clients and web
servers
install k if you're going to want the kernel source
install y for console games.
finally, do not install kde, g, x, xap, xd or xv.

If you're selecting individual packages then ask again, but on the whole
just install the groups.

saqib