Lynx and SSL

Frank Carmickle frankiec at braille.uwo.ca
Tue Sep 25 16:52:17 EDT 2001

Hi Chuck

Most likely it isn't gcc2.95.3 but where the libs and what libs are
installed.  I had to install slack8 on a few systems now and I have been
less then happy with my experiences.  7.1 was a great distro if you
updated it to gcc295.2 and what ever other updates were on the contrib
disk.  I was a die hard slack fan for the longest time.  But as of this
most resent release I think it is junk.  I have switched all of my new
machines to running the debian woody distro.  There I don't usually have
to compile anything because it's already compiled and up to
date.  Packages are updated daily if you use the testing distro such as
woody is now.  I don't mean to start any distro wars.  I just thought I'd
let you know my thoughts on slack8 and my experiences with debian so far.