Lynx and SSL

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Tue Sep 25 16:09:27 EDT 2001

Hi Steve -
I just upgraded my Slackware to version 8.0. A week or two before doing
that, I patched the SSL stuff into the Lynx 2.8.3 sources and it compiuled
fine without any fussing - the compiler was 2.91.66. Now after the upgrade
I tried doing the same thing with compiler 2.95.3 and I cannot do it. It
seems to be looking for SSL include files in the wrong place. The files it
needs are there, but not where the Lynx package needs them to be. I cannot
figure out how to tell the configure script where to look for those files,
so I am just going to copy my old executable onto the new system and use
it for now.

I am trying to recompile everything I am using in the new environment, but
am having some frustrating surprises.

Another problem I have is with the Ogg Vorbis tools, which compiled fine
with G++ 2.91.66 but will not do so with 2.95.3.

However, centericq would not compile with 2.91.66 but compiles fine with
2.95.3. What a confusing nightmare!

I would rather figure out how to compile my present lynx 2.8.3 source
patched with SSL than just import a precompiled executable.

Chuck