Lynx and SSL

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue Sep 25 13:09:24 EDT 2001

Well, I see that the official released version of lynx is still 2.8.3 so
the distros are atleast sticking with the production version. I went to
the lynx official pages and cannot find reliable links to get the later
development versions. The ones I can get to seem to be quite old. Example:
All SSL releated info seems to relate to old versions of lynx and patching
it for SSLEA or something. I already have openSSL on my box and figured a
recent version of Lynx could hook up with this. My past experiences with
early versions of lynx and SSL proved quite unsuccessful after spending
two whole days on it, I gave up in disgust.

Any ideas for a good reliable source to obtain the current source of Lynx
and SSL? I understand that lynx is already hooked with SSL access now - is
that true?