procmail

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Sun Sep 23 23:39:44 EDT 2001

Ok I see problems here allready.
I assume you are delivering into folders and that they are in unix mbox format.
You must must must must use locking.
Change the :0 to :0: in your recipes.
The only time you can afford to not use locking is if you are delivering to
another address or delivering into a MailDir.
Here is an example of a forwarding recipe:
:0c
* ^FROM speakup
! otherperson at domain.com

Here is a breakdown:
:0 (start a recipe)
* start a condition.
^From match from at the beginning of a line.
! forward the mail to the address following.

All your messages are ending up in $MAIL/inbox and if your mail reader is not
set to read messages in the inbox file you'll never see them.
Remove the default line and messages will stay in /var/spool/mail/username which
is probably what you want.
Do read the quick start I gave to the list; it taught me 90%
of what I know about procmail. If you want more info on mailbox locking
why it is needed; why you need the collon etc let me know.

Regards, Kerry.

--
Kerry Hoath: kerry at gotss.net kerry at gotss.eu.org or  kerry at gotss.spice.net.au
ICQ UIN: 8226547