OT: procmail As Caller ID

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Mon Sep 24 12:06:40 EDT 2001

:0 c
* ^To:.*janina
* !^To:.*,
|play /usr/local/sounds/notify.wav
:0 c
* ^From:.*paula.tucker
* !^From:.*,

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Kerry Hoath wrote:

> Care to show us  one way you play a sound?
> You might need to use a lockfile so that scripts are serialized otherwise aplay
> could block forever waiting on audio hardware :-)
>
> On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 09:46:17AM -0400, Janina Sajka wrote:
> > On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Kerry Hoath wrote:
> >
> > snip snip
> > > ... you can use a :0c recipe
> > > to play a sound; run a script; in fact almost anything you want.
> >
> > I think this is worth highlighting. I find this capibility very useful. I
> > have particular sounds mapped to certain conditions. That way, I know
> > whether I just got mail from my boss, or my sweetie, or a few other key
> > folks that I want to give priority to.
> >
> > It's very cool.

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp