procmail

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Sun Sep 23 21:17:58 EDT 2001

Check the log file.
It should tell you where all the mail is going.
An excellent procmail quickstart is here:
http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/

I have a procmail setup working here; so if you have questions you can mail
me off list.
Does your mail live in /var/spool/mail by default when delivered? I leave it
there unless it needs to go into a certain folder.
Make sure PMDIR and MAILDIR are set in .procmailrc mine are:
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
PMDIR=$HOME/.procmail
and _check_ that these directories exist with the right permitions.
Also, set
VERBOSE=on
while debugging and watch that log file after sending yourself mail.
Check the case on the above, PMDIR MAILDIR and VERBOSE
are all uppercase.

Regards, Kerry.
On Sun, Sep 23, 2001 at 02:45:58PM -0400, Deedra Waters wrote:
> I'm using procmail to sort my mail, but the problem I've suddenly got is
> that if the mail doesn't come from speakup list, or any other catagory
> that I've got my mail sorted into then I  don't get the message, if anyone
> has suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Kerry Hoath: kerry at gotss.net kerry at gotss.eu.org or  kerry at gotss.spice.net.au
ICQ UIN: 8226547